ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS - LAOISE KELLY & TIARNAN O DUINNCHINN
Laoise and Tiarnan are a duet of Irish harp and uilleann pipes; two very identifiable instruments of Ireland. The image and sound of these two instruments are quintessentially Irish in many respects. The sound of the two instruments are like echo chambers into the past.
The tunes that they play, amongst others, are tunes that come from between 17th -19th centuries, mostly to be found in old manuscripts.
The CD is called « Ar Lorg na Laochra » which denotes the journey on the pathways laid down by our musical ancestors.
01. March & double jig: O’Sullivan’s March, Humours of Killarney
02. Song air & reel: Fáinne Geal an Lae, Lady’s Cup of Tea
03. Polkas: Ó Neillí, Neillí, Finnish polka, New Roundabout, Goodman’s Polka
04. Song air & double jig: Bó na Leathadhairce, Strop the Razor
05. Highland & reels: Teelin highland, Drowsy Maggie, Ballinamore Reel
06. Barn dances: Maggie’s Lilt, She Said She Couldn't Dance, McConnell’s
07. Harp air: Catherine Ogie
08. Strathspey & reel: Cawdor Fair, Spirits of Wine
09. Slip jig & double jigs: Paddy Hiúdaí Byrne’s, Darby Gallagher’s, Con Cassidy’s
10. Reels: New-Mown Meadows, Black Mare of Fanad, Fred Finn’s
11. Slip jigs: Comb your Hair and Curl it, Dusty Miller, Rocky Road to Dublin
12. Song air: Méilte Cheann Dubhrann
13. Barn dances: Kitty Seán Cunningham’s, Jamesie Gannon’s, If There Weren’t Any Women in the World